- Region 1 Petersburg City July 27 at 10:00 a.m.
- Region 2 Northampton County July 29 at 2:00 p.m.
- Region 3 King and Queen County June 22 at 10:00 a.m.
- Region 4 Page County July 13 at 10:00 a.m.
- Region 5 - Waynesboro City July 13 at 10:30
- Region 6 - Craig County July 22 at 10:30
- Region 7 - Radford City July 14 at 10:00 a.m.
- Region 8 - Halifax County July 22 at 10:00 a.m.
Videos from Summit
School Construction and Modernization Legislative Panel - Senator McClellan, Senator Dunnavant, Delegate O'Quinn, and Delegate Hurst Moderated by Carol Cash
Implementing Infrastructure Improvements with Budget Constraints - Cheryl Midkiff
Impact of School Design on Student Learning - Pete Gretz and Stephan Halsey
State Superintendent's Report - James Lane
How Crumbling School Facilities Perpetuate Inequity - Mary Filardo
Flexible Financing and Federal Funding - Chad Stewart and D.R. Dugan
Impact on New School Facility on Rural Communities Panel Discussion - Haydee Robinson, Dashan Turner, Paul Nichols, and Kevin Siers Moderated by Kristy Midgette
Virginia’s Moonshot Moment to Modernize Schools
Lawmakers have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to modernize our school infrastructure with one-time discretionary funding from the Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund. Read the fact sheet below to find out more.
Small, rural school divisions across Virginia continue to face declining student enrollments, difficulty competing for high-quality teachers, inadequate facility and capital projects funding and pressure from unfunded mandates at both state and federal levels, placing them at a significant financial disadvantage with larger and more affluent school divisions.
Areas of Focus
Teacher Recruitment and Retention
School Construction Funding
The Small n
Increasing At-Risk Add-ons